Monday 11 October 2010

Crisis Averted...

Well, that was an interesting little vacation from the usual wordy bollocks.

Thank you to everybody who submitted and also to those that didn't - you see, I've been a tad naughty...

The tracks I provided were little more than the result of five minutes effort, flipping my Mp3 player onto shuffle, selecting the first 8 that came up and re-arranging the order so they made some kind of musical (and seemingly logical) sense.

I have a long lasting interest in people's opinions of their own ability to empathise and subsequently the personal projections we impose on abstract situations - the art of the armchair philosopher.

Friends, you did not disappoint.

From the small number of responses received the majority were, as expected, attempts to derive a meaning from the lyrics of the songs - searching for symbolism or parallels, connections to previous blog entries or conversations conducted outside of the Internet bubble...a point of interest was that those most seeking 'the correct answer' were new friends or ones with whom I've grown recently distant.

For the record, if any meaning need be assigned to those songs the ones you provided (in their over-ruling similarity) would have done nicely. You are evidently all incredibly attentive readers.

As for the many who decided not to throw any opinions down in a more permanent medium - I have a hits counter on here and last night (and into this morning) after posting my playlist it went through the fucking roof.

I believe there was a very simple reason for so many reading this particular entry...you needed to know because you could know.

I'm not a particularly interesting person but in opening up my life, every aspect of it, to the public I am offering you something it would be rude to refuse. This same desire displayed here catalyses people to listen in on conversations on the bus or watch Big Brother. To give in to the temptation of anonymous judgement, to shamelessly indulge it even, is perfectly natural.

Well done for being 100% normal.

The final part of this blog is dedicated to those that were onto me from the outset - the two participants who have little difficulty thinking outside the box (it's remaining in the vicinity of the box that evidently poses the problem) and provided me with a good few minutes unadulterated giggling - my Mother Unit and my best friend.

You know me too well.

Normality resumes tomorrow and as for that pint, well it appears that I'm the victor so I'll be having one on you guys.

Annie.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment